Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fall Recruiter Round-up Education Job Fair - ASU

Today I attended an education job fair held by ASU Career Services at the Student Recreation Complex.  I've been considering teaching as a possible career option upon graduating, at least temporarily.  Teaching is a noble profession and I have always held teachers in high regard, in fact I even ended up marrying one.  Despite the low salaries,  I would like to dedicate at least some of my work years to teaching children. 

The education job fair at ASU was attended by many districts accross Arizona and at least one district from California.  Unfortunately, there were not many positions suitable for me, since I do not have any teaching experience and I am not certified.  Luckily, however, the Arizona Department of Educaiton was also present and very helpful with informing interested candidates with teaching crediential requirments.  The Peace Corp also had a booth and seems like a dynamic organziation with some exciting opportunities.  Unfortunately, the one organization I was really looking forward to meeting with, Teach for America, was not present at this job fair.  I have heard many good things about thier training programs for those interested in starting a career in education and do not have prior teaching experience or a degree in education.  Despite this,  the job fair was still an educational experience and I was able to network with many helpful indivudals.

No comments:

Post a Comment